Due to the unpredictable nature of the coronavirus outbreak, the board and staff of Silver Spring Village feel a temporary suspension of events and services is necessary. Effective immediately and continuing through March 31, all village events and most volunteer services will be canceled.
We do not take this decision lightly. The health and safety of each of you—our members and volunteers—is our most important concern. The truth is that COVID-19 is not an “if” but a “when” for each of us. Our actions today will reduce the likelihood of illness among our Village family and help slow down the disease’s progress in the greater DC region.
Below are some bullet points of quick information. Staff will continue to regularly update the list serve and will send out important emails as needed. It is up to you to take individual responsibility for reading those notices to remain informed and safe!
FOR ASSOCIATE MEMBERS
- All events (social activities, interest groups, etc.) are cancelled through at least March 31.
- We’re exploring alternative means to keep you socially connected from the virus-free comfort of your own home. Watch for future list serve and calendar announcements.
FOR FULL MEMBERS
All visits and in-home tasks (decluttering, light repairs, technology assistance, etc.) are canceled through at least March 31.
- Rides will be restricted to essential medical visits. Routine appointments such as wellness visits and check-ups are not considered essential and you should discuss rescheduling with your healthcare provider.
- If you have already scheduled a volunteer service, we will be in touch with you in the next 24 hours to let you know the status of your request.
- We believe we will be able to continue a limited number of essential errands such a grocery shopping. We must respect the health and safety of our volunteers, so errands will be evaluated carefully, and in some cases, we may strongly advise you to subscribe to a home delivery service for groceries, medicines, pet supplies and more. We will provide as much assistance with that as possible.
FOR ALL MEMBERS (ASSOCIATE & FULL) WHO LIVE ALONE
- Staff have organized a phone tree. In the next 24-48 hours, you will receive a “wellness call” from one of our volunteer callers. These wellness calls will continue throughout the duration of the coronavirus pandemic. The purpose of these calls is to learn if and how often you’d like to receive future calls, to make sure you’re healthy and accessing appropriate medical care, to provide important updates if we find the virus to be present in our Village community, and to be a friendly voice. Each of our volunteer callers has a lot of calls to make, so please understand if they are not able to chat as long as you might wish!
EMERGENCY CONTACTS—IMPORTANT FOR ALL MEMBERS
WHAT TO DO IF YOU BECOME ILL
- Watch for typical flu-like symptoms—fever, cough, difficulty breathing, fatigue, etc. Some patients report a sore throat, headache, indigestion and diarrhea, but these are uncommon.
- Call your primary healthcare provider first. Do NOT go to the emergency room unless it’s critical and you can’t reach your healthcare provider. Emergency rooms are likely to be overflowing with ill patients, and if you don’t have COVID-19 when you arrive there, you’ll might by the time you leave.
- Call or email the Village to let us know of your diagnosis AS SOON AS POSSIBLE—even if your case is mild and the doctor has sent you home. If you’re unable to call, ask your emergency contact to get in touch with us. Especially over the next couple of weeks, knowing who becomes ill might help us let others know they could have been exposed to the virus.
As always, your Village is here for you. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to any of our staff if you need assistance or just need a little reassurance!
Silver Spring Village is a nonprofit membership organization that works to sustain and enhance the wellbeing of older adults in our community. We offer our members opportunities for enrichment and social engagement as well as access to "neighborly" assistance that supports their independence. Members make new friends, learn new things, and have easy access to needed help.
Silver Spring Village is included in the Catalogue for Philanthropy's 2019-20 class of
best local nonprofits. We are proud and honored to be recognized as an organization that works each day to make a difference, close to home. Read more about this.
In Conversation with Charles McGee, the oldest living member of the Tuskegee Airmen, from our most recent SPARKLE event presented in collaboration with Silver Spring Town Center.
Check out the newest issue of our quarterly newsletter, Village Vibe and follow us on Facebook.
New Mailing Address. We are no longer using a Post Office Box address. Please send all hard copy mail, including all payments, directly to our office: 8700 Georgia Ave., Suite 306; Silver Spring, MD 20910.